For the fashionista, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is like the holy grail of shopping…you would never NOT go to the sale. We both have so many wonderful memories of shopping the Nordstrom sale–from waiting for the doors to open, to all the special time shopping with our moms, having lunch, and going over what we bought at the end of the day. Times are different now, what with the Preview sale for cardholders and online shopping. It’s a totally different, more relaxed experience. While we’re a bit nostalgic for the excitement of the good old days of the sale, we still anticipate it just as much as ever. Wanna see what we’re excited about this year?
Here’s our top picks from the Nordstrom sale catalog:
- Sock booties: These would be so cool with all the cropped pant styles that are trending this year.
- Moto leather jacket: I’ve been really wanting to update my leather jacket. A moto style is so versatile!
- Black booties with stud detail: Studs are super popular right now. I like that these are a little more subtle.
- Voluspa candles: This is a great buy on quality candles. Break it apart for perfect hostess gifts or stocking stuffers!
- Chic nude flats: I’m not huge on flats, but these are so stylish and classic.
- Hat: A fun alternative to a stocking hat in the fall and winter.
- Sweater with ruffle detail: A fun take on the classic turtleneck.
- White kitten heel bootie: White boots are top of my list for fall. Such a fresh, new look.
- JCrew coat in gold: A great buy on a timeless classic
- Shearling coat: This would look so cute with jeans and boots.
- Backpack purse: Perfect for travel. I’m wanting this for a trip to England in September.
- Long cardigan: A great basic in a neutral color.
- Underwear: The sale is a great time to stock up!
- White bootie/ jeans: Oops skipped a number, but these would look great together! These Blank NYC jeans are a really good deal!
- White bootie: Need to get white boots this season FOR SURE.
- Red skirt: Love this!
- Peep toe heel: Love all the peep-toes featured. Paul Green is a good choice at the sale!
- Belt bag: A stylish choice for the fanny pack trend.
- Boucle coat: Totally want this!!
- Adidas sweatshirt: Cool logo wear.
- Nike free sneaks: These are so cute for running around and a good price.
- Hooded jacket: A cute and cozy coat!
- Another peep-toe: What can I say, I love this style!
- Bobbi Brown kit: Quality makeup that will last you for years to come!
- Adidas leggings: Adidas stuff is really hot right now. Perfect for yourself or a gift for a young adult.
- AG Jeans: The sale is THE time to get expensive denim brands. These are a fave!
Best approach to the sale?
#1 is to make a wishlist just like we did so you have a plan to navigate through all the overwhelm of the sale. #2 shop the Preview sale (only for cardholders) either in-store or online because the best stuff sells out. #3 become a cardholder so you can shop the Preview and get points for your purchases for even more savings! #4 make it your triple points day!! #5 plan ahead for birthday and Christmas gift purchasing #6 focus on the best deals on items that rarely go on sale.
- Heeled booties: These are a closet staple to dress up jeans outfits.
- Casual athletic shoes: Up your cool factor when wearing casual outfits.
- Coats: Take advantage of great deals on lots of sizes.
- Athletic shoes: This is the time to replace your old running shoes.
- Nice sunglasses: You’ll take better care of these than the cheap kind and aviators are forever classic.
- Over the knee boots: If you don’t have a pair yet, but have been wanting to try them, now’s the time.
- A fun sweater: Always.
- Gifts for moms, daughters, friends: Initial necklaces are the perfect gift and this one is a great deal.
- Low-heeled booties: If you can only choose one bootie, go with this height.
- Beauty gift sets: There’s some fantastic deals here. Aveda is such a great product.
- Athletic wear: Zella is awesome! We love the fit and quality and you can’t beat the price!
See you at the sale!
–Julie & Krista